[Techtalk] Does anyone use emacs for email?

Angelina Carlton brat at magma.ca
Sun Jul 3 01:39:24 EST 2005

Hello

I want to try and use emacs as my mail client. I tried to install vm,
rmail and wanderlust but for various reasons each were met with
faliure.

The one app I have avoided is considered to be the best for
email/emacs and that is Gnus. I was told it is very difficult to
setup and since I cannot set up the easy ones on my own, I am
wondering if anyone else has set up gnus before and can point me to
some howto or tutorial that suits my situation.

The problems I found was none of the material I googled matched my
setup:

1. Maildir format mailbox
2. Fetchmail and Procmail to place and sort my mail into ~/mail

Most of the guides assume an mbox format, or that gnus will fetch the
mail itself and I will then set rules for gnus to sort it. I wish it
would just read what ever is in each folder.

Maybe I am going about it all wrong and should dump procmail and
fetchmail?

any thoughts/recomendations?

--
-----Angelina Carlton-----