[Techtalk] A PHP script in a crontab.

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Sat Jan 29 17:10:34 EST 2005

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005, Sue Stones wrote:
> I don't understand this "MAILTO=" bit.

Have a look at "man 5 crontab", which will describe the MAILTO
environment variable for you.

> None of the following work:

While it's probably not a good idea to send the complete code (it's hard
for other people to debug full sized programs, and it might be in
confidence) is there any way that you can reduce it to a 5 or 10 line
sample problem?

If you could post a 5 or 10 line PHP script that ALSO doesn't seem to
work, we might be able to give feedback about why that might or might
not work. This is a standard mailing list debugging technique: reducing
a large chunk of code to a 5 or 10 line piece of code with the same
problem lets people help out quickly.

If it turns out that a simple 5 or 10 line PHP script DOES work in that
crontab, that might also help you debug the problem.

-Mary