[Techtalk] Dual Proc on Red Hat 2.4.20-8 ?

Bruce McPeek bruce.mcpeek at vidiator.com
Thu Jan 27 09:16:43 EST 2005

Hello,

I have inherited a Compaq Proliant DL360 with dual P3-933. It has Red
Hat 2.4.20-8 installed and acting as a Perforce source control server.

I was going through log and configuration files today and I think Red
Hat maybe only working with one processor. I ran "cat /proc/cpuinfo" and
it returned this...

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
stepping        : 6
cpu MHz         : 930.420
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips        : 1854.66

If I parse this correctly I have only one proc being used.

Is this correct?

If correct what needs to be done to have both processors used?

Thanks,

Bruce