[Techtalk] bash and inputrc

John Clarke johnc+linuxchix at kirriwa.net
Sun Jan 16 21:42:15 EST 2005

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 09:26:39 -0800, Akkana Peck wrote:
> John Clarke writes:
> [Lots of useful/helpful stuff on my bash/readline question]

Thanks, I'm glad it was useful.

> > P.S. Just before I sent this message, I found:
> >
> >         http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bash/2005-01/msg00166.html
> >
> >     Is it from you?
>
> Yes, that's mine.  I worked with some folks on #bash and they

There were a few clues which pointed to you :-)

> is a "feature", but other people besides me have complained about
> it, and the keys will go back to being bindable in the next release.

I know.  After a lot of playing around, including building bash-3.0 on
my machine (bad day^Wweek at work, I needed a distraction), I
discovered an earlier report of a similar problem.  I even tried
debugging bash to figure out how to patch it to remove the "feature",
but I had to stop and do some work ;-)

Cheers,

John
--
> We aim to please.  Ourselves, mostly, but we do aim to please.
Yah.  And if the aim is off we take remedial firearm training until the
aim gets better.
            -- Marc Donovan