[Techtalk] filesystem options

Julie Bovee joulie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 16:57:54 EST 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:31:53 -0500, Kristina Clair <kclair at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Does anyone have any strong opinions for pros and cons of various
> filesystems?  Particularly, for a hardware raid 5 1TB device which
> will be used over nfs by high-traffic webservers.

I haven't seen really any pros and cons for various filesystems listed
here yet, so I'll point you at some slides from a Silicon Valley Linux
Users Group meeting held in November where Val Henson presented about
filesystems (hope you don't mind, Val), it's her area of expertise.
She gives a brief listing of pros and cons for quite a few. Page 26
has a comparison table.

http://www.nmt.edu/~val/fs_slides.pdf

<snip>

-Julie