[Techtalk] backup windows clients with amanda

Chantal Rosmuller chantal at antenna.nl
Thu Feb 10 01:03:10 EST 2005

Hi, does anyone have experience with amanda?
I got it running on a linux server with linux clients but now I want to
use it for backing up windows 2003 servers as well,
I compiled amanda with samba support:

According to the documentation I have to put the following in the file
disklist:

sambaservername  //windowsclientname/sharename backuptype

I dont understand why it wants a sambaserver? I thought amanda only used
smbclient to connect to a windowsshare? I have the sambaserver software
installed on the machine that runs amanda backupserver as well, but do I
have to configure something?

Thanks,

Chantal