[Techtalk] kdmrc query

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Sun Dec 11 21:03:25 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm using Mandriva 2006, and that might have some bearing on this query
- they are known to do things their own way!!

I'm attempting to add some arguments to kdm for X - nolisten tcp, for
instance - and getting nowhere. In previous versions of kdm, I could add
server arguments to /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers, and kdm would respect them;
the syntax was just to line them all up after the display instance, one
space to separate, using a "-" to begin the new parameter. Nowadays
this setting seems to be read from /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc, and I can't find
a syntax it likes to let me have more than one - the item is called
ServerArgsLocal.

Anybody have any clues? It appears that Xservers isn't being read at
all; even a way to point kdm at Xservers would be good.

Cheers,
--
Trish Fraser, W1S0B 8Q2KH
Sun Dec 11 21:01:24 EST 2005