[Techtalk] Hardware compatibility list for FC2

Doc Nielsen docnielsen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 22:24:08 EST 2005

On 8/11/05, Akkana Peck <akkana at shallowsky.com> wrote:
> Linda de Boer writes:
> > I am looking for a list of very cheap sound cards that are recognized by
> > FC2 but they don't actually have to work well at all.
> > I have done alot of looking, but most folks want the sound card to work.
> > Yep, it's an odd request but has a purpose....;-)

The local pc store owner here, once got in a shipment of "obsoletes"
as he called them.
Old pci 3c905 netcards, old isa cs4232+ soundcards and old i810 based
soundcards and almost all of them worked perfectly under linux. I had
the honor of testing them on my box, before they could be sold. He got
them at about 10 DKK (1 US$) a pcs, and sold them at 50 DKK, while
paying me 5 DKK for testing them. At 300+ cards, i made a nice
weekends pay there, plus i got a few of the cards in a box somewhere.

So if you need them sent anywhere, all i ask is the expenses paied. I
only got 2-3 cards but if its enough, id be happy to send them.

-Doc
--
Evry little box should have a pat on the back by uid 0 at least once a day
Even a tux or a beastie needs love, just like I do :o)