[Techtalk] Linux on sun hardware {urgent-ish}

Conor Daly conor.daly-linuxchix at cod.homelinux.org
Wed Apr 13 03:22:08 EST 2005

Hi all,

The irish linux users group {http://www.linux.ie} will be running a stand
at this year's ICT EXPO in Dublin
{http://www.ictexpo.ie/general_conferences_openexpo.asp}.  Our illustrious
Raven {Hi Raven!} came over two years ago to give a talk on cryptography
{http://www.linux.ie/community/americanindublin.php}.

Anyway, for this year, we have a sun server for our stand at the show.  I
don't have any details on the machine save that we must install a linux on
it first thing tomorrow morning.  If anyone who knows, would please advise of
gotchas, methods, links to howtos etc, it would be much appreciated.

We'll be starting on the job at 0800 GMT on Wednesday morning and hope to
have the thing up and running asap for the two day show.  There'll be net
access available on the stand so we should be able to see the list
archives from there.

Thanks,

Conor

Domestic Sysadmin :-)