[Techtalk] converting microsoft .pst files to unix maildir format

Angelina Carlton brat at magma.ca
Mon Apr 11 08:49:56 EST 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 08:50:11PM +0200, Doc Nielsen wrote:

> Just a suggestion:
> Setup an imap server with maildir support. like Dovecot.
> Add the account to Outlook (express) and copy files between accounts.
> Its about as simple as i can think of

Thanks Devdas and Doc, I did try this but I was unable to connect to
the server running courier, then I tried dovecot but I think I
misconfigured it also as I could not connect to it.

The good news as that an app called readpst is in my debian packages
so I installed it, used the -S option to make each email seperate and
then simply copied them all to my inbox. Worked great.

--
Angelina Carlton