[Techtalk] web content management recommendations

Gina Lanik geekgrrl at geekgrrl.priv.at
Wed Apr 6 21:56:44 EST 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 12:39:49PM +0100, Dan wrote:
> My company is looking for a system that allows non-programmers to write
> web content, then formats it appropriately. I know of several such
> systems, but can anyone recommend one?
>
> More specifically, we're looking for a system that allows you to have a
> menu across the top (the same old stuff: "home", "solutions", etc.), and
> displays whatever you've selected in a different color (if you're in
> "solutions", the "solutions" option will be a different color). Does
> anyone know of a system that handles that type of thing gracefully,
> without requiring you to write a separate template for each menu item?

If I understood your requirements in the correct way, I can point you to
TYPO3 (http://typo3.org/), a great open source CMS. The website gives a
good overview and there's plenty of documentation available.

Cheers,

Gina
--
Gina Lanik                      :: LinuxChix member
SysAdmin & DBA                  :: http://www.linuxchix.org/