[Techtalk] IPtables help (VoIP related) [SOLUTION - somewhat]

Elwing elwing at elwing.org
Fri Sep 24 10:14:18 EST 2004

There isn't one :(  And I'm certainly not skilled enough at IPTables to
write one myself.

I ended up doing my "last resort" option - provisioning my second IP and
hanging the VoIP modem out on the network - I call this a last resort in
that there are all kinds of ports open on the box that I'd prefer
wouldn't be available on the open network.  The only consolation is that
it has nothing to do with my internal network at all.  I'll be stopping
at Best Buy/CompUSA tonight to get a broadband router that's known to
work with this VoIP box, and put it behind that.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Elwing