[Techtalk] IPtables help (VoIP related)

Anthony Gorecki anthony at ectrolinux.com
Thu Sep 23 14:47:55 EST 2004

On Thursday 23 September 2004 2:11 pm, Elwing wrote:
> The second line, I'm not sure about though since I almost never use the
> FORWARD chain, but wouldn't it just accept the established and related
> packets (and theoretically, they're related, but I'm not sure how
> netfilter decides that) I think in my case, it'd just accept those
> packets to my firewall, and not keep passing them back to the internal
> VoIP box.

It sounds like your problem could be solved with a conntrack helper
application, similar to the ones designed for IRC and FTP connections. A
quick search on Google didn't reveal anything useful, though I suspect
someone has already taken the time to write one. The netfilter website would
likely be a good place to start looking for that add-in.

--
Anthony Gorecki
Ectro-Linux Foundation