[Techtalk] Procite Alternative

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Sat Sep 4 12:52:45 EST 2004

Kathryn Andersen wrote:

> You might want to try out LyX (http://www.lyx.org) which takes the pain
> out of using LaTeX; it's a graphical document processor that uses LaTeX
> as a back end.  One of the cool things about it is that if you want to
> get "under the hood" (and code LaTeX stuff yourself) you can do that,
> but if you don't want to, you don't have to.  It takes care of all the
> tedious normal coding part of LaTeX, so you can restrict your LaTeX
> usage to just the fancy stuff, or nothing at all, if that's what you
> prefer.  When I started off using it, I knew nothing of LaTeX, and the
> only reason I didn't remain in blissful ignorance was because I wanted
> to produce documents that weren't academic reports, and were therefore
> not covered by the default cases.

Great thanks, I will look at it soon.  It may be useful for something
that I am writing now.  I skimmed through the license to see what use
would not be acceptable, and I couldn't find anything pertaining to the
documents created by its use (as far as I understood the terms).

What is it that restricts the use of this product?

sue