[Techtalk] Blog spam

Elwing elwing at elwing.org
Tue Oct 12 17:44:51 EST 2004

Using the capabilities of blogs to "trackback" to other blogs.  It's a
SOAP/RPC/XML type communication.  Most people post trackbacks to their
blog as a comment.

So I could use my weblog (or a script) to trackback to someone's blog
multiple times, and insert my own advertisements, and it'd show up on
their weblog.  Basically as spam.  I've only seen this once on my
weblog, and not terribly often anywhere else.

Elwing