[Techtalk] slooow web surfing and many timeouts

Jaroslaw Fedevych (UALUG jaroslaw at linux.org.ua
Sun Oct 10 20:24:01 EST 2004

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 10:12:21AM -0700, Carla Schroder wrote:
> I'm having a lot of problems web surfing these past few days. Pages are very
> slow to load, and often timeout.

Look to your ISP. Hunt them down and kill them. :)

When I complained about flakiness of the best ISP in my $CITY,
I was advised to change the $CITY. Well, another point to
consider.

> Before I go on a big ole troubleshooting spree, is anyone else experiencing
> similar problems? Either the whole darned Web is bogged down, or I have a
> connection problem closer to home.

The whole darn Web hasn't changed in speed, as it looks to me.
BTW, I'm in Ukraine, and you?

And: what do you call a "fast" connection?

--
X Windows: Armageddon never looked so good.