[Techtalk] FC does not save settings

Kali kalike at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 10:29:22 EST 2004

I used GUI [System settings>internet config wizard] to set permissions
and as root, i can access the internet using a cable line/LAN.
I set permissions for user's to access the internet but when any user
enters the data (logid and password) the form does not transfer this
data and they are not able to go online.
Why are the setting's not permanent ?

I tried this command
grep USERCTL /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*

with the output as follows ::

 /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:1:USERCTL=no
 /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:2:USERCTL=no
 /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:3:USERCTL=no
 /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:4:USERCTL=no

I was told it must be USERCTL=yes

what local changes do i need to make here ?

ls /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg*

gives this output ::

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:1
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:2
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:3
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:4
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-lo

--
Kali