[Techtalk] Keeping local copy in sync

Rudy Zijlstra rudy at edsons.demon.nl
Sun Nov 14 06:29:20 EST 2004

Hello all,

I am preparing for a configuration where a builing will be connected to
the main network by a wireless link. This link will be sensitive to the
weather. For this reason i want to keep a local copy of the pertinent
data on a local server. This creates a problem though:
How to keep the master and the local copy in sync? Modifications can be
done at both sides and i want the syncing to be done automatically.

I wonder whether i can do this by 2 consequetive rsync invocations from
the remote:

rsync --update remote  master:

followed by

rsync master remote