[Techtalk] Frozen computer

Lina Mårtensson plastic at dtek.chalmers.se
Sat Nov 6 06:22:33 EST 2004

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 07:11:19PM +0000, Conor Daly wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 08:02:55PM +0100 or thereabouts, Lina Mårtensson wrote:
> > A few hours ago, I just put back the original memory, thinking I'd just
> > have a slow but at least reliable computer. But it froze again. Could I
> > have caused a glitch somewhere while fiddling back and forth with the
>
> You might try checking and reseating all the connectors in the box.  You
> might have disturbed one or more when inserting / removing...

I've definitely made mistakes when inserting memory a couple of times,
but I've already tried as hard as I can to insert it as well as
possible. I can't see how I can do it better except perhaps by chance,
and I'm afraid I'll just make things worse by inserting and removing the
memory more.

It's a laptop with a separate hatch for the memory, so I couldn't have
disturbed anything else.

	/Lina