[Techtalk] New to the list

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Tue Nov 2 02:25:22 EST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, April wrote:

> Just a dissenting opinion. :) As a newbie, Mandrake drove me three
> kinds of nuts.  I had Windows-like problems with "It doesn't work
> and no one will ever know why" situations.

I like that!  It sums up my feelings about Windows.  Something goes
wrong, and you feel that nobody knows why, and even if they do they
don't want you to find out about it, and even if they do they're going
to make you pay lots of money for some extra software, and even then
you probably won't ever find out what went wrong anyway.

Linux is just the opposite.

Sorry, I know nothing about Mandrake, and have nothing useful to
add. :(    I quite like RedHat and Fedora, but it's more-or-less all
I know.  (I dabbled with Caldera and Suse years ago and couldn't get
on with them.)

David