[Techtalk] Firefox - emacs key bindings?

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Wed May 26 11:04:40 EST 2004

I would like to convert to using Firefox as my primary browser but
everytime I fire it up to use one of the cool features, I get
frustrated by the lack of emacs key bindings in the urlbar and go back
to Camino. I tried googling but mostly ended up with ways to invoke
emacs within textareas. Very cool, but not the killer feature that
being able to use C-e (end of line) and C-k (kill rest of line) to
edit urls is. I have been told this might be the default behavior on
some platforms - but not on OsX. Is there an extension that might give
me what I want? I didn't see one but would not neccessiarliy have
recognized it if it did not say "emacs" in the description. TIA,

--
Cynthia N. Kiser
cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu