[Techtalk] Double-click selection of words in Firefox

Tracey Clark grrliegeek at elenari.net
Tue May 25 16:15:28 EST 2004

And it was said by Akkana Peck-->
> Riccarda Cassini writes:
>> Does anyone know if there is a way to configure the character set that
>> Mozilla/Firefox uses for selecting words when you double-click on them
>> in some plaintext page content - i.e. its notion of what a "word" is?
>> I wouldn't mind editing config files...

(about selecting without punctuation)
> There is some debate over whether this should be the default on
> Linux/Unix platforms.  The down side is that this applies
> everywhere, including the urlbar; so doubleclicking will no
> longer select the whole url, so you have to triple-click to select
> a url.

Hm, it apparently works different with Windows (which is what I use at
work). I have Firefox installed here on W2k. A double click on a word in
a website selects only the word and no punctuation. Double clicking the
URL selects the whole URL. Does anyone know what the difference is
between W2k and Linux in relation to this?

--
Tracey
Linux Counter #264789

"Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely
unintentional side effect." - Linus Torvalds, New York Times, 28 Sept 03