[Techtalk] poll: fave Linux IMAP MUA

Andrea Landaker qirien at icecavern.net
Sun May 16 13:03:34 EST 2004

> To get the poll rolling, I'll cast two votes. Suckiest IMAP performance
> goes to KMail. Which admittedly needs some work, and the developers are
> working on it.

(MUA = Mail User Agent, in case anyone, like me, didn't know off the top of
his/her head).

IMAP in Kmail has changed drastically in recent versions (from what I hear, it
used to be a nightmare).  Maybe it still has problems, but I haven't really
encountered any with the version I'm using now (1.6.2).  Then again, I don't
really do anything complicated with my mail, so maybe I'm not the best person
to ask.  :-)

In fact, maybe that's something people could also respond to -- what cool
things do you do with your e-mail that make it faster, easier to read, or
otherwise nifty?

I like Kmail because it is fast (especially since I use Konqueror for my
browser, so they share a lot of libraries and thus use less memory), feels
responsive, has customizeable shortcut keys, has nice options for displaying
(or not displaying) HTML mail, and it looks pretty.

--
Andrea Landaker
http://www.icecavern.net/~qirien/