[Techtalk] poll: fave Linux IMAP MUA

dominik schramm dominik.schramm at gmxpro.net
Sun May 16 12:38:52 EST 2004

Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com> writes:

> Ok chix0rs, what's your favorite MUA to use for IMAP?
> And perhaps a few words on why you like it?

I've used KMail (5 years ago -- well, I was young and masochistic),
mutt for some time, then Mozilla Messenger -- I quit using Mozilla
Messenger because I really don't like it's quoting behavior.

Right now I'm using Gnus in XEmacs, and I'm 99% satisfied.
The exciting thing about Gnus is that it is so highly configurable
and extensible through eLisp -- I also like editing in XEmacs
(vi mode is available when I'm in the mood :-) ).
The IMAP performance is good.

The only disadvantage is its inferior handling of HTML emails (it uses
[x]emacs' "w3" for rendering), but I'm getting less and less of these
and since I don't like HTML in emails anyway, this is not an issue at
all.

dominik