[Techtalk] poll: fave Linux IMAP MUA

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Sat May 15 22:20:24 EST 2004

Quoting Teri Solow <tsolow at terisolow.com>:
> On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 07:14:46PM -0700, Carla Schroder said:
> > Ok chix0rs, what's your favorite MUA to use for IMAP?

Mutt. Probably the main thing I like about it is it invokes emacs for
composing. Though I also like being able to limit what mail I see in
my mail box w/o having to move it, resort with two keystrokes, delete
a thread with C-d. It is very customizable but I admit to not using
most of the features like custom colors, etc.

> Personally, I use offlineimap to sync up my computers to my mail
> server's IMAP folders.

I'll have to try offlineimap. I have actually resisted changing my
main account to using IMAP because it is slower than a local mail spool.
--
Cynthia N. Kiser