[Techtalk] poll: fave Linux IMAP MUA

Teri Solow tsolow at terisolow.com
Sat May 15 23:03:50 EST 2004

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 07:14:46PM -0700, Carla Schroder said:
> Ok chix0rs, what's your favorite MUA to use for IMAP?
> And perhaps a few words on why you like it?

Personally, I use offlineimap to sync up my computers to my mail
server's IMAP folders.  That creates local maildirs that match up to
the IMAP folders- then I just use mutt with the local folders :)

This way it's kinda like having backups in mutliple places- without
too much effort.  I have offlineimap run in cron on my desktop and my
laptop, and it syncs up all the changes I make up on either with the
server (and hence, with each other).

Simple.  Easy.  Fun.  :)

--
	Teri Solow
	http://terisolow.com

Boy, those Germans have a word for everything.

		-- Homer Simpson
		   When Flanders Failed