[Techtalk] Two quick questions: linking /dev/parport0 andnolsmod, modprobe, etc.

Devdas Bhagat devdas at dvb.homelinux.org
Sun May 16 10:29:38 EST 2004

On 15/05/04 20:54 -0700, housekm at fastmail.fm wrote:
> I'm afraid you assume too much of my own knowledge, I've heard of using
> runlevel 1 but haven't had any need to use it so far.  To reduce the
> number of questions, etc., I'll get the nearest Linux in a Nutshell from
> a local library and look it up.
At your boot prompt
linux 1
If this is grub, hit e to edit the selected boot options, then A to move
to the end, type in 1, save and boot.
If lilo, Ctrl X to reach a boot prompt, then type in linux 1
(Replace Linux by your default kernel label, the most common is linux).

Booting into runlevel 1 will get you to a shell prompt from where you
can carry out essential maintainance activities.

Devdas Bhagat