[Techtalk] coloured prompts

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Thu May 6 14:02:14 EST 2004

I've just added the following to my .bash_profile, but now I don't get
proper line wrap if I need to write a command that's more than one line
long. Instead of wrapping onto the next line, it starts again at the
beginning of the line it's already on. I'm using Eterm but only because I
like the scroll bars and the fact that I can make it semi-transparent. I'm
open to other terms that offer these same features..

 export PS1="\[\033[0;33m\]\h:\w \t $ \[\033[0m\]\a"

thanks for any suggestions!
emma :)

--
Emma Jane Hogbin