[Techtalk] Sendmail question (1 of 2)

Martin, Caitlyn Caitlyn.Martin at ncfcorp.com
Mon Mar 29 13:39:57 EST 2004

Hi, everyone,

I've recently inherited sendmail administration and I've learned that the
previous (and present) admins have been directly editing the sendmail.cf
file.  I prefer to use a .mc file and m4 and that really is a change others
here would like to see too.  Here's the catch:  our sendmail.cf file is
already highly customized.  How do I preserve the options I already have?
If I use the stock .mc file provided with SuSe (our corporate Linux
standard) I fully expect I'd overwrite what we already have.

I'm probably missing some simple, obvious solution but my brain isn't
working terribly well today.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Cait

Caitlyn M. Martin
System Programmer - UNIX Administrator
Application Software Development
National Commerce Financial Corp.
2323 Operations Drive, Mail Stop OC-13
Durham, NC 27705
Email:  <<mailto:caitlyn.martin at ncfcorp.com>>

Please note:   Internet email is not a secure form of communication. Please
do not transmit confidential or sensitive information through this medium.

If you have received this email in error, please contact us immediately by
return e-mail and delete this document. The contents of this message are
confidential and may not be reproduced or used by anyone other than the
intended recipient.  <<http://www.ncfcorp.com/>>