[Techtalk] Opinions on Intranet / Groupware / Forum software

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Mon Mar 22 10:14:52 EST 2004

> just looking for suggestions along the lines of 'Xyz is good'

Plone is good.   :-)

I've installed and used Plone briefly, and I found it easy to install,
easy to use and quite full-featured. It also has support for
internationalization.

Most importantly, it avoids the open-source pitfall of obscure commands.
Note that I'm not saying that obscure commands are always a problem
(Unix commands are pretty obscure but I can't see how they could be
otherwise), but they are often a problem. I think many open-source
programmers assume that everyone will know as much about their software
as they do, and they write the interface accordingly.

--
   Truth is a hard master, and costly to serve, but it simplifies
   all problems.