[Techtalk] linuxchix lists and gpg

John Stoneham lyric.list.lc-techtalk at lyrically.net
Wed Mar 17 21:19:52 EST 2004

Why do the Linuxchix lists strip GPG multipart signatures?

I can understand an anti-MIME policy, sure, and clearsigning's always a
possibility (though I do feel that multipart/signed ought to be an
exception). But if someone does send in OpenPGP format and the MIME is
stripped, why isn't the MIME type changed to something else?

When the message comes through as multipart/signed and it's missing a
signature, Mutt users get:

[-- Error: Inconsistent multipart/signed structure!  --]

This message (which I'm sending signed) is an example.

You'd think mailman could handle this sort of case... or is it just a
configuration issue?

- John