[Techtalk] winmodem hsfconfig problem

Gebhard Dettmar gebhard.dettmar at student.hu-berlin.de
Sat Jun 12 09:32:04 EST 2004

Hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: ""Dominik Schramm"" <dominik.schramm at gmxpro.net>

> Hi,
>
> [ ... ]
> ...but this error probably means that the interpreter for
> the file hsfconfig could not be found.
>
> Have a look at the first line of hsfconfig, it should be something
> like:
>
> #!/path/to/some/program
>
> (This is called the shebang.)
It's a shell-script, so the shebang is:
---snip---
#!/bin/sh
#
# Copyright (c) 2003 Linuxant inc.
# Copyright (c) 2001-2003 Conexant Systems, Inc.
#
# [ ... ]
#
# This script handles all aspects of installing and configuring the
# HSF drivers under Linux.  It aspires to be distribution-neutral

load_config()
{
 hsfconf_countryName="AUTO"
 hsfconf_countryT35c=""
 hsfconf_vendorId=""
---snap---

> Then check if /path/to/some/program really exists. If it doesn't,
> try to figure out what program is meant and replace the path in this
> line with the correct one.
I don't understand this. I'm not familiar with shellscripts but according to
my /etc/profile the bash should perform it.

> Example:
> The first line could be "#!/bin/ksh" -- this means "Korn shell".
> If the Korn shell on your system is called pdksh and resides in
> /usr/bin, then you would have to modify the line to look like
> "#!/usr/bin/pdksh".
>
> If you can't figure out yourself what to do now, then the following
> information could be useful for the list to further tackle the
> problem:
>
> 1. the permissions of "hsfconfig" (ls -la /path/to/hsfconfig)
> 2. the first few lines of this file
permission is 754
> hope this helps,
> dominik