[Techtalk] winmodem hsfconfig problem

Dominik Schramm dominik.schramm at gmxpro.net
Fri Jun 11 23:49:37 EST 2004

Hi,

I don't know about WinModems with Linux...

"Gebhard Dettmar" <gebhard.dettmar at student.hu-berlin.de> writes:

> [...] but then I am to run 'hsfconfig' and doing this gives me the
> message
> --snip--
> bad interpreter: no such file or directory
> --snap---

...but this error probably means that the interpreter for
the file hsfconfig could not be found.

Have a look at the first line of hsfconfig, it should be something
like:

#!/path/to/some/program

(This is called the shebang.)

Then check if /path/to/some/program really exists. If it doesn't,
try to figure out what program is meant and replace the path in this
line with the correct one.

Example:
The first line could be "#!/bin/ksh" -- this means "Korn shell".
If the Korn shell on your system is called pdksh and resides in
/usr/bin, then you would have to modify the line to look like
"#!/usr/bin/pdksh".

If you can't figure out yourself what to do now, then the following
information could be useful for the list to further tackle the
problem:

1. the permissions of "hsfconfig" (ls -la /path/to/hsfconfig)
2. the first few lines of this file

hope this helps,
dominik