[Techtalk] private replies/ list replies

Teri Solow tsolow at terisolow.com
Sun Jun 6 13:33:48 EST 2004

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 05:59:25PM +0100, Meredydd said:
> While what Devdas says is a valid usage model for a mailing list, I for
> one would like to vote for keeping the discussions on-list, which Carla
> is not alone in expecting. It also keeps everything visible (to others
> who may be having the same problem, but are keeping quiet because
> someone else is asking, or even those who are just curious - this
> frequently describes me), and archived (for the publically-archived
> lists, that is, of which Techtalk is one).

Agreed.  I for one lurk more often than I post, and I tend to be
interested in a lot of the discussion that goes on around here, though
I don't always feel qualified to answer many of the questions.

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I'm not interested, or that
I'm not reading the posts that other people make :)

--
(n_	Teri Solow
//\	http://terisolow.com

Save gas, don't eat beans.