[Techtalk] private replies/ list replies

Meredydd meredydd at everybuddy.com
Sun Jun 6 17:59:25 EST 2004

On Sunday 06 June 2004 17:26, Carla Schroder wrote:
> ***please reply to list-only***
>
> hey gang,
>
> The last few times I've posted questions here, I got bales of nice
> helpful replies- offlist. I don't understand this.

Whee, sorry. I've been reconfiguring my mail client, thought I had
auto-reply-to-list working. Evidently not.

While what Devdas says is a valid usage model for a mailing list, I for
one would like to vote for keeping the discussions on-list, which Carla
is not alone in expecting. It also keeps everything visible (to others
who may be having the same problem, but are keeping quiet because
someone else is asking, or even those who are just curious - this
frequently describes me), and archived (for the publically-archived
lists, that is, of which Techtalk is one).

Meredydd