[Techtalk] Content management systems

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Wed Jul 14 17:02:54 EST 2004

On Jul 14, 2004, at 4:38 PM, Dennis Wheeler wrote:
> http://www.perforce.com/ is my personal favorite
> excellent user community and tech support is very responsive (when
> there
> is trouble)
> free for open source projects (check their website for details), or
> personal use.
> More expensive than cvs (out-of pocket), but I believe will save money
> overall (time spent using/administering)

I'll second the recommendation of perforce.  I don't know if it matters
to you, but in addition to the usual stuff, it's got good
cross-platform capabilities (I used it on something like 7 different
platforms) and an excellent windows GUI.

That said, what sort of security issues are you encountering with CVS?
I know renaming is annoying (unless you don't mind editing the
repository by hand) but I've not heard a whole lot of security concerns
related to it.

  Terri