[Techtalk] Content management systems

Devdas Bhagat devdas at dvb.homelinux.org
Thu Jul 15 01:10:49 EST 2004

On 14/07/04 15:15 -0400, Jennifer Scalf wrote:
> We are looking into moving away from CVS because of things like not
> being able to easily rename things, security, etc.
>
> I was wondering what everyone is using these days. I don't think I've
> seen a thread about it here lately, correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Anyone have and good or bad stories about their current content
> management software?

Content Management? or Version Control?

For version control:
Alternatives to CVS that I know of are:
subversion and arch

Subversion is supposedly slightly better than Arch, but I have no direct
experience with either.

There are a few more, but I can't remember them offhand.

In the closed world, there is the (in)famous bitkeeper.

Devdas Bhagat