[Techtalk] Honeypots

Devdas Bhagat devdas at dvb.homelinux.org
Thu Jul 15 00:42:23 EST 2004

On 14/07/04 15:16 -0300, Marcia Corrente wrote:
>       I´m starting a research on honeypots and I would
> like to know what the members of the list think about
> this strategy... Good/ bad points, dificult
> implementation/ administration or not, if it really
> works (or is just for foolling kiddies) and nice links
> about the subject... any help will be apreciated!

The Honeypot project: http://www.honeynet.org/

Thats the canonical guide to the subject. There is a honeypots mailing
list on securityfocus. They offer a proxy named honeyd for Linux.

You could also hang out on the forensics and pen-test lists on
securityfocus.

> Greets!
ITYM  gr33tz!!!!!!
;)

Devdas Bhagat

PS: Please start a new thread for a new topic. I am breaking the thread
here, so that replies stay on the correct thread.