[Techtalk] Performance metrics for email processing

Conor Daly c.daly at met.ie
Wed Jul 14 07:56:37 EST 2004

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 04:41:40PM -0400 or thereabouts, Terri Oda wrote:
> I'm going to be running performance tests on some email filters.
>
> The tests are going to be done on a debian testing machine, either
> using exim as the mail filter or piping the test set of emails through
> the filters directly to limit other factors.

Are you planning to test SA-exim which does smtp stage filtering and is
supposed to significantly reduce the load on the virusscanner / spamassasain
sections since malformed spam doesn't even make it into the system where
other methods accept all mail and then test it.

http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html
http://www.linux.ie/pipermail/ilug/2003-November/008716.html
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Mail/mtas.html

Conor
--
Conor Daly,                   Please avoid sending me
Met Eireann, Glasnevin Hill,  Word or PowerPoint attachments.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender.
This e-mail message has also been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.