[Techtalk] UML hosting providers

dave lc at syberdave.net
Thu Jul 1 15:44:30 EST 2004

I've used redwood virtual before, but I'm not quite pleased with the performance that their server provides. Their load average usually remained around 2, but I think they caught the abusers. Whenever I tried to download something from my LVS, gkrellm tells me that it pauses around once every minute. Since I was running BIND, sometimes my domain took 15 seconds to resolve.

But, their support is pretty good. I think they've worked out most of the issues after I left.

-Dave