[Techtalk] Windows-free laptop in Australia

Karen Locke karenl at scrserv.com
Thu Jan 8 10:17:55 EST 2004

Don't know if they still do it, but I remember an announcement last year that
Dell will sell machines with a cheap, bare-bones (non-Microsoft) OS
installed.  There's no Microsoft tax, but it's enough to test & verify
working.   The customer is expected to replace it with OS of choice (i.e.,
linux).

Hub & I have both had good luck with Dell laptops.  I run SuSE linux 8.0.

Karen

--
Karen Locke