[Techtalk] Audio tape to mp3 conversion

Ricky Buchanan rb at tertius.net.au
Wed Jan 7 20:02:27 EST 2004

Does anybody have the facilities/knowledge to convert a bunch (~10)
of audio-tapes to mp3 files?

I don't mind if it's just one huge mp3 file for each side of the tape, I
can cut them up myself and clean them.  I just don't have the energy and
know-how to figure out all the converting bits.

The tapes are the recordings of my school concerts and have basically
the only record of my singing apart from one which is already on the
"Best Of George Dreyfus" CD.  I sorta want them for posterity before the
tapes which were made 1990-1992 fall apart completely.  I realized today
I probably don't have a single audio record of my 7 years of flute
playing, and while there's still some of my singing around I'd like to
save it.

Thanks folks,

Regards,
Ricky