[Techtalk] Printer problems - update

showercurtain showercurtain2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 29 22:15:11 EST 2004

I finally got my printer working and just wanted to share the good
news :)

About a month ago, I posted about my Canon BJC-265SP refusing to
print under Red Hat 8's LPRng. I gave up on LPRng, tried to switch to
CUPS and finally got it working after stuffing around with rpms -
only to find that print jobs were being listed as completed in the
CUPS gui even though the printer wasn't printing.

Turns out the printer driver was the problem. bjc250gs is the
recommended driver for this model, but I had to tell CUPS my printer
is a Canon BJC-2000 and uses the bjc600 driver.

I'm so thrilled I don't have to switch to Windows anymore when I want
to print something now.

-skipping off into the sunset-
Berenice