[Techtalk] Re: [prog] FW: Running XP and Linux

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Sun Feb 29 03:13:52 EST 2004

>On Sat, Feb 28, 2004, E. K. Lua wrote:
> > Please could someone help to advise if I do not wish to erase the current
> > Windows XP (since some of the software has been installed and I don't have
> > their software CDs),i.e. to keep the current Windows XP, and be able to
> > install Linux and perhaps do a Dual Boot.  I understand there's this
> > PartitionMagix... Is this good?

I've used PartitionMagic versions 3, 4, 5, and 8 (the current one), and
found them all quite good at what they do (which is, basically, allow you
to move partitions around). Version 8.0 includes full support for NTFS
partitions, as well as ext3. It also understands GRUB. (ext2 support has
been there for a while.)

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"When the clouds pull apart/And the Moon changes phases,
  In the quiet, secret places/Are you there? Are you there?"
                                                 --Concrete Blonde,
                                                  "Darkening of the
                                                   Light"