[Techtalk] Kernel 2.6 configging

R. Daneel Olivaw linuxchix at r-daneel.com
Sun Feb 29 01:36:18 EST 2004

Hello there :)

> [ Is the crosspost inapproprirate?  I never got any response on
> kernelchix to my other question and no other posts ever since I
> subscribed, so I am not sure if there are any subscribers. ]

didn't know there was a kernelchix mailing list ... I know that I do
known nothing. ;p

> Is anybody having hideous problems with 2.6.0?  Or having good luck
> with it?
>
> Anybody using the USB stuff with good success or otherwise?

well, I am on an 'ole' slackware 8.1 with an 2.4.18 kernel. This runs
very well for me till now. Tested several USB thumbkeys and a USB watch.
Also tested i-River's i-HP120 with success and am having no major
trouble with it (huge file transfer gets stuck everytime it flushes
system buffers to the disk, but this is doing well anyway, then again,
I shouldn't try to sync 13Gb of data on usb 1.x :p).

> Anything else??

unfortunately no, still haven't tryied out 2.6 series, even if I'm very
interested for testing :)

bye,

R. Daneel Olivaw,
The Robot Inside.