[Techtalk] Kernel 2.6 configging

Ricky Buchanan rb at tertius.net.au
Sun Feb 29 10:08:33 EST 2004

[ Is the crosspost inapproprirate?  I never got any response on
kernelchix to my other question and no other posts ever since I
subscribed, so I am not sure if there are any subscribers. ]

G'day, in any case!

I've been having some severe problems with USB instability on my current
2.4.22 kernel and it was suggested I upgrade.  Since the choice was a
2.4* kernel or a 2.6* kernel, I figured I will be upgrading to 2.6*
before my new module is written - obviously I am not paying to have a
2.4* module written now at this point in time!! - so I may as well get
used to it.  Plus, Andrew Pam told me that 6.0 was *much* more stable
than than the catastrophic 4.0 so the fact it had a zero on the end
isn't bothering me as much :)

Is anybody having hideous problems with 2.6.0?  Or having good luck with
it?

Anybody using the USB stuff with good success or otherwise?

Anything else??

Thanks lots,
Ricky
--