[Techtalk] Software for Neural Networks

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Sat Feb 28 17:15:58 EST 2004

I am doing a course for neural networks and the course uses Matlab, which for
various reasons isn't available to me (at least at the moment).  Has anyone
done anything with neural networks (simulations ?)?  Do you know anything
that I can use on Mandrake that will run these exercises.

I know that there are a number of packages that exist that have some
comparison to Matlab but I don't know wheter there is a general overlap or
they only do a part of what Matlab does. And I don't know enought about
Neural Networks at this stage to know what to look for, is one of those catch
22 situations.  If I had the software I would be able to use it to learn
enough to know what to look for to select the software.

Anyway I just thought I would ask, I will have to keep researching the issue,
and perhaps try out every option untill I can see if they will work.

sue