[Techtalk] RE: having problems with cvs add -- solved

Meredydd meredydd at everybuddy.com
Thu Feb 26 18:56:18 EST 2004

On Thursday 26 February 2004 15:52, Dennis Wheeler wrote:
> From: Nicoya Helm [mailto:nhelm2 at kumc.edu]
> > So, you can set an environment
> > variable for CVSROOT and not have to type that w/ every CVS
> > command.
> >
> > path anymore (unless it changes).
>
> True, but mine always changes since I'm working from multiple
> repositories a lot.
Quick plug: If you use Subversion (same most probably goes for Perforce,
BitKeeper and all semi-modern RCSs out there), once you've checked out
a working copy, where you got it from is saved, so you only ever need
specify the repository location once.

No, I don't develop on Subversion, I'm just a very happy user :^)

Meredydd