[Techtalk] CVS "undo"

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Sun Feb 22 18:19:56 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I just botched a global search and replace in my web site. Everything is
checked into CVS so now I'm trying to "revert" back/undo my mistake. I'm
trying to use:
	cvs update -D 2004-02-22 filename.php

It says it's doing its thing, but when I view the file I'm still seeing
the botched one (I even tried going back to yesterday's version of the
file). Here's my "success" message:

emmajane at smeagol:/web/mimic/sandbox$ cvs update -D 2004-02-22 assets.php
RCS file: /cvsroot/YT/assets.php,v
retrieving revision 1.1.1.1.2.5
retrieving revision 1.1.1.1
Merging differences between 1.1.1.1.2.5 and 1.1.1.1 into assets.php
M assets.php

Basically I want to move *all* files back to whatever they were when I
last did a commit (last night). I would rather not have to use the -j
option on each file individually...

suggestions?

thanks,
emma