[Techtalk] choice of MTA

Katie Bechtold katie at katie-and-rob.org
Fri Feb 20 19:11:39 EST 2004

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 09:46:13AM +1100, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> I have used qmail a lot (although not on Debian) and it has some distinct
> limitations (although it does have good points too).  Can I ask why you have
> chosen qmail rather than postfix?

Previous experience, mostly.  I didn't want to have to learn all
about a new MTA.  Also, I like Dave Sill's documentation for qmail
and I got the impression it's a pretty secure MTA.  I have zero
experience with postfix, so I can't really compare the two.

--
Katie Bechtold         http://katie-and-rob.org/